Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Database Rollback Failure

gemstones

Total Posts:  2

At every step, Magento makes you cry and then it make syou happy when things go right, but I have no more tears left. It is amazing that such an awesome system can have such numerous simple bugs that make life hell.

Example:

Doing a rollback of database from within magento 1.7.

What happens:

asks for user password in popup - I assumed it is the pasword for the admin who ran the backup.
So I entered it… I get the circles and the popup window closes… I am assuming it is doing the rollback. Database has 15000 records, 3 websites.

Now, I can not login, even after hours, and data / site shows no change, so no data has rolled back.

How do I get back in? Why is rollback not working? Backed up only 2 days ago, so no question of fields mismatching.

Got some one to put back admin username password, tried again - same thing has happened. Help!  website is http://www.semiprecious.com

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

azokaei

Total Posts:  16

Did you ever figure out how to fix this issue I am having the same issue

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community