Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Is Magento the Best solution for this Project? 

pedro_perez

Total Posts:  2

Hi,

I’ve made the prototype for my next store and I’m not sure if Magento would be the best solution for it.

It’s going to be a store with a lot of content marketing involved, so I’m incorporating a blog into the website.

Do you think Magento+Blog could do this? (see the prototype in the link below)

What other e-commerce platform or CMS would be good to accomplish it?

The prototype: http://conectatucomercio.com/prototype

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

MarieMorel

Total Posts:  9

Hi Pedro,

Magento can suit practically any needs if you have enough time/skills or money. In your case I would advice you to use Magento + Wordpress. There is a free module which integrates WordPress into Magento:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/wordpress-integration.html

Because this is a Magento forum it is not a proper place to discuss some other shopping carts and CMSs. So, I would advice you to visit forums of other solutions. But to make it easier for you to start you can read this post about most popular CMS and ecommerce plugins for them. Each of these platforms can actually suit your needs. It basically depends on what your skills and budget are.
Good luck with your site =)

Magento Community
Magento Community

pedro_perez

Total Posts:  2

Thanks for your reply. I don’t like the idea of using Wordpress+Magento, I think it’s going to add unnecessary complexity and there is something about this idea that I don’t like. I hope Magento has a good blog module that can do this type of website.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community