Magento Forum

related attributes

sophia12

Total Posts:  1

Hi,
I am trying to find a way to make it simple for the customer to choose among more than 50 (altogether) different attributes my product has.
YES 50!

I can sell a product in different types of fabric, and each fabric has their own specific colors.
That is if you want a chair in leather, then you have 3 types of leather and 10 colors each leather (the color of leather is different for each type).

So far, with less choices, I put all the options in a drop-down, but now 50 seams to me too much, I would like to tier the choice in sub-choices..
Any ideas?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  854

Hello,

I guess the best way will be to group colors on the basis of fabrics and product specifics.
Then the options chosen you can add by means of custom options or configurable products.  However, custom options do not allow to track inventory, so if you need to do it use configurable products.

In bulk to add custom options you can exporting/importing them or cloning them.

As for configurable products, check this article -
http://www.mag-manager.com/useful-articles/tipstricks/what-is-magento-configurable-product-how-to-create-magento-configurable-product
Also there is the information how to create all the combinations of simple products which are related to configurable in 2 clicks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community