Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Static Block on Home page

Shepstar

Total Posts:  142

Hello,

I’m trying do display a static block just on the home page. not on all pages and it should be beneath the shown products. So for example:

<Head>
<Slider>
<9 Products>
<Static Block> <-- This should be new
<Footer>

I managed to insert it beneath, but now it shows on all pages and not just the home page. I can’t find the template file where you can insert it beneath the products.
So I inserted it in the 2columns-right.phtml file this way:
<?php echo $this->getLayout()->createBlock('cms/block')->setBlockId('aboutus-home')->toHtml(); ?>

Thanks for all helping infos

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Magestore
Mentor

Total Posts:  1015
Viet Nam

Hi Shepstar,

To display only one static block on the home page, you can edit CMS homepage in admin panel and
go to tab “Content”, add this code:

{{block type="cms/block" block_id="aboutus-home"}}
Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Magestore

Magento Community
Magento Community

Shepstar

Total Posts:  142

This is correct but then it will be above the products and not beneath them. Because the products don’t show in the cms page.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community