Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Cache not rebuilding.  Shopping cart & checkout pages do not load. 

jacksublime

Total Posts:  1

So I have a Magento site at cart.oldfloridian.com that breaks up a bit when I try to refresh caches.

Everything will be working fine and then when I refresh caches, the shopping cart sidebar widget disappears and the checkout/cart and checkout/onepage pages stop loading content if you navigate to them directly.  That is, they load header, sidebar, footer, but no page-specific content.

Then I can restore the site to an earlier backup and everything is back and running.  Refresh caches. No shopping cart again.  Currently I\’ve restored and so the cart is present.

So where do I start?  I am a designer mostly so this permissions/caching stuff is a bit opaque to me.

var/cache is set to 755, as are its subdirectories.  Their files are 600s and 644s.  Is this a problem?

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community