Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Paypal Express Check Out and Currency other than base

rafitaa

Total Posts:  2

Ok I am really new to magento and Zend.  Here it is my problem.

I need to set up my store to use Costarican colones as the base currency. (This because the products prices need to be entered in such currency, otherwise it might cause to have huge losses).

As this currency is not a paypal supported I need to tweak it so I always pass the data in US dollars to paypal. However I am aliitle lost as to what I need to change.

By the way I need to use express checkout so the customer is always redirected to the store again. I have seen several posts about this for paypal standard but non for express and the coding changes quite a bit.

I do believe I am looking at the proper files:

file 1 app/code/core/Mage/Paypal/Model/Express.php
file 2 app/code/core/Mage/Paypal/Model/Express/Checkout.php

Per http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/270952/#t370794 On file #2 I changed
$this->_api->setAmount($this->_quote->getBaseGrandTotal())
->setCurrencyCode($this->_quote->getBaseCurrencyCode())

for

$this->_api->setAmount($this->_quote->getGrandTotal())
->setCurrencyCode($this->_quote->getQuoteCurrencyCode())

However it gives me an error as the total sum does not match to the items, so I coomented out :

/* $paypalCart = Mage::getModel(\’paypal/cart\’, array($this->_quote));
$this->_api->setPaypalCart($paypalCart)
->setIsLineItemsEnabled($this->_config->lineItemsEnabled)
;
*/

I dont get the errors now and got redirected to paypal, however at paypal I see no amounts. And even if the customer accepts to pay without an amount once he gets back to the store an error will be waiting.

Fatal error: Call to a member function setFieldNamePrefix() on a non-object in /home/petscr/public_html/new/app/design/frontend/base/default/template/paypal/express/review.phtml on line 28

But I believe the cuase of this error is due to the $paypalCart lines I commneted out.

I have seen some modules that helps to overcome this issue but they are only for paypal standard any input is appreciated.

something else I have been thinking is to make magento to use US dollars for all payments, but no idea how to do that. So I am really open for suggestions.

Thank you,

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

magecoders

Total Posts:  42

We have developed extension which supports all the paypal method for dynamic base currency. To change currency automatically in Paypal when user redirect from magento store.

For more information visit our extension page here : Paypal Multicurrency Pro

Magento Community
Magento Community

krishana

Total Posts:  37
Jaipur

Solution for this problem

In your packeage/theme/layout/paypal.xml

need little change

View

<block type="paypal/express_review" name="paypal.express.review" template="paypal/express/review.phtml">

Then after add some other blocks

<block type="paypal/express_review_billing" name="express.review.billing" as="billing" template="paypal/express/review/address.phtml"/>
<block type="paypal/express_review_shipping" name="express.review.shipping" as="shipping" template="paypal/express/review/address.phtml"/>
<block type="paypal/express_review" name="express.review.shipping.method" as="shipping_method" template="paypal/express/review/shipping/method.phtml"/>

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community