Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

static blocks 501 method not implemented

Microcurse

Total Posts:  23

I’m getting this 501 Method Not Implemented error when trying to save html in a static blocks and cms pages.

Method Not Implemented

POST to /index.php/mystictr_admin/cms_block/save/key/f7e3e49091e5a0cfc4d3ac73d53abbcc/ not supported.

I tried google searching a solution but I couldn’t really find anyone with the same error. I believe this error started showing up during a version upgrade from 1.5 to 1.7.0.0 but I went into magento connect and reinstalled all the extensions and checked for upgrades but nothing seemed to be working. Maybe someone can help me? Thank you in advance

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

joshuajarman

Total Posts:  76

Did you find a solution to this issue?  We are having the exact same message on a clients site, they are not a magento upgrade and are a clean install.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rangab

Total Posts:  1

Hi <
Im getting the exact error? Any help please?

Magento Community
Magento Community

joshuajarman

Total Posts:  76

First, try checking your apache error logs not the magento ones.

All three times I’ve encountered this issue it has been caused by the mod_security apache module breaking the script by blocking access due to a false rule match.  The mod_security apache module is notorious for causing similar issues with most major CMS when all the rules are updated, having to disable a rule or two for compatibility is pretty common.

If your client is on a shared host you can send them the line from the apache error.log and they can remove the offending the rule for you.
If this is your own server or a vps you can fix the rule yourself, these instructions are a helpful place to start:
http://success.grownupgeek.com/index.php/2011/01/08/how-troubleshoot-mod_security-rules/

I hope this helps. grin Best of luck!  Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community