Magento Forum

USPS shipping labels, create packages showing disabled fields

sarasghar

Total Posts:  11

hi all

Re posting this question 3rd time..

I have successfully received an order and now want to create shipping label for USPS.. but the on clicking on Create Shipping Label, the Package that appears shows some disabled fields.e.g. the dimensions and the type.  Because of which I cannot create shipping labels.. as it generates error..
Insufficient information to create shipping label(s). Please verify your Store Information and Shipping Settings.

Please find the images below.. and help me out.. stuck on this for last one week..

Regards
Sara

Image Attachments
createLabelerror.pngUSPSsetting admin.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hello Sara,

I cannot say what\’s wrong with settings and what causes the issue, but as I can see you didn\’t get any reply or resolution yet. So I decided to offer you an alternative, as it is not acceptable to lose time especially when sales season comes.

There is the combination of products - Store Manager for Magento and Shipping Integration addon. They work with Stamps.com, which itself handles shipping, however, it charges a small fee.

If you are interested, you can read more here-
http://www.mag-manager.com/
http://www.mag-manager.com/magento-shipping-integration

Magento Community
Magento Community

sarasghar

Thanks a lot for replying.. I got almost hopeless..

My store is basically under development phase.. so this order was placed by my client for testing purpose..

Thanks alot for the help you provided.. but I am just unsure.. if the labels could not be created from my magento store.. whats the guarantee that this product shipping integration add on will not have problem working printing the label.. as it be directly talking to my magento store.. which is not doing its job for USPS labels yet.. do you think my doubt is correct.. if not.. can you explain it to me..?

I am using magento 1.7.0.2 .

Also if you can provide my some other help regarding the problem I posted earlier.. any idea of where I am missing information.. or any file that needs patching..

Once again.. thanks for replying..

Regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hi again Sara.

Actually, we offer free test versions of our software, but to try it you need only account at Stamps.com and as I know they charge some fee and there is no possibility to create test account.

If you had the account there, you would be able to try print shipping labels using our software.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sarasghar

Thanks for replying

I shall ask my client to consider it..

Magento Community
Magento Community

kfries

Total Posts:  1

Hi Sarah,

That error message is vague.  Magento requires the shipping information to be in the Shipping Settings, but also requires that your admin user account (which you are signed in as on your store) have First and last name filled in.  Your store also needs the phone number filled in, plus the store’s City, State (Region), Zip/postal, Country, and store name.  Any of those missing may have caused the error you see.

Thanks,
Kevin

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community