Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can Magento do tree product customization? 

aneAuximus

Total Posts:  2

Hello

I require product customization before adding to cart. I know Magento can do this, however I require the customization to be done in a tree fashion. Let me explain.

I have a product, with several group of options separated by type.
After choosing an option, additional configuration options should be displayed. This means that I have the following config tree:
-Group 1
____-Custom property 1
________-Option 1
____________-If option 1 is selected, show Custom property A with it’s own options
____________-If option 1 is selected, show Custom property B with it’s own options
________-Option 2
________-Option 3
____________-If option 3 is selected, show Custom property C with it’s own options
____________-If option 3 is selected, show Custom property D with it’s own options
____-Custom property 2
-Group 2
____-Custom property 3
____-Custom property 4
____-Custom property 5

Everything has to be configurable, and selectable BEFORE adding to cart. The product value will change while changing these options.

Here is an example of what I want: http://www.1001opticiens.fr/lunettes-de-vue/48-ralph-lauren-rl6017-en-plastique-noir-rose.html
Just hit “Choisir ce modele” and the list of configurations will open. Sorry, the site is in French, but you should get the general idea.

Does something like this exist? Or should I start from scratch?
I found something like this done in Prestashop. Would it be possible to “import” such an extension? (I doubt it really)

Thank you

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community