Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Cannot review/process any order in admin after upgrade from magento 1.6.2 to 1.7.0.2

IanRyan

Total Posts:  149

I recently upgraded from magento 1.6.2 to 1.7.0.2. Now when I select the Sales -> Orders menu option in admin and I select and order from the list, when the order opens the page layout is all over the place. I have reviewed my log files and opening any order now throws an exception as follows:-

2012-11-19T15:06:03+00:00 ERR (3):
exception ‘Varien_Exception’ with message ‘Invalid method Mage_Sales_Model_Order::canReorderIgnoreSalable(Array
(
)
)’ in <myrootdomain>/lib/Varien/Object.php:652
Stack trace:
#0 <myrootdomain>/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Sales/Order/View.php(171): Varien_Object->__call(’canReorderIgnor...’, Array)
#1 <myrootdomain>/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Sales/Order/View.php(171): Mage_Sales_Model_Order->canReorderIgnoreSalable()
#2 <myrootdomain>/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(491): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Sales_Order_View->__construct(Array)
#3 <myrootdomain>/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(437): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->_getBlockInstance(’adminhtml/sales...’, Array)
#4 <myrootdomain>/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(472): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->createBlock(’adminhtml/sales...’, ‘sales_order_edi...’)
#5 <myrootdomain>/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(239): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->addBlock(’adminhtml/sales...’, ‘sales_order_edi...’)
#6 <myrootdomain>/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(205): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->_generateBlock(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element), Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#7 <myrootdomain>/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(210): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#8 <myrootdomain>/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(344): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks()
#9 <myrootdomain>/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(269): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->generateLayoutBlocks()
#10 <myrootdomain>/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Controller/Action.php(275): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->loadLayout(NULL, true, true)
#11 <myrootdomain>/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Sales/OrderController.php(59): Mage_Adminhtml_Controller_Action->loadLayout()
#12 <myrootdomain>/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Sales/OrderController.php(115): Mage_Adminhtml_Sales_OrderController->_initAction()
#13 <myrootdomain>/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(419): Mage_Adminhtml_Sales_OrderController->viewAction()
#14 <myrootdomain>/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(250): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch(’view’)
#15 <myrootdomain>/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(176): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#16 <myrootdomain>/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(354): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#17 <myrootdomain>/app/Mage.php(683): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#18 <myrootdomain>/index.php(89): Mage::run(’distinctfashion...’, ‘store’)
#19 {main}

Has anyone any idea how I rectify this issue? As things stand I cannot process ANY order.

Many Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kajal

Total Posts:  60

Hey there,

Did u find the solution?
I had the same issue just sorted out by :
Copy from ver 1.6.xx app\code\core\Mage\Adminhtml\Block\Sales\Order\View.php to the new version

This works for me hope this helps someone else as well. smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

kalenjordan

Total Posts:  218
Pasadena, CA

Strange, well from the stack trace, what seems to be happening is that the $order object in the Order_View block is not a proper Mage_Sales_Model_Order object, because otherwise it would have the canReorderIgnoreSalable() method defined, which it doesn’t.

It would be interesting to know what kind of object it is, maybe dump it out.

Also, in case you may be looking for a quick fix in the interim, it looks like if you disable the reorder permission, then this section of code will not execute.  You should be able to do that in System > Permissions > Roles.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community