Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Indexing Issue

marstripleone

Total Posts:  1

Hi All,

I am using Magento 1.6.1.0 and am using Magmi CLI to run imports - this error below occurs both on magmi and normal importing.

Everything is working fine and importing correctly however I have a problem with indexing for Catalog Url Rewrites.

I have tried this in the manual shell through SSH -

/public_html/shell/ php indexer.php --reindex catalog_url
And this just times out and doesn’t stop.

(I have also deleted the locks) - to ensure that this is not what is causing it to fail, cleared cache and deleted sessions. Tried different sequence of indexes.

My product /category stucture is setup as below

Product Category 1
SubCategory 1 (7000 items)-
SubCategory 2 (7000 items Same items as above)-
SubCategory 3 (7000 items Same items as above)-

Product Category 2 (658 items)

Product Category 3
SubCategory 1 (60 items)
SubCategory 2 (45 items)

Product Category 4

I believe it may be something to do with the way the structure is setup that it is causing it to fail. I have turned logging on in magento admin and I do not get any exceptions or system errors.

If I truncate core_url_rewrite and run the indexing job it will work fine. It’s only after I go to do my second -reindex it never finishes.

I have also disabled the below from the Url.php page (processes index) to make sure there is no exception causing it to fail.

// Mage::logException($e);
// Mage::throwException(Mage::helper(’catalog’)->__(’An error occurred while saving the URL rewrite’));

I am really out of ideas and do not know where to look next.

There seems to be many errors out there with the catalog_url rewrite index however it is all mixed and does not provide a thorough solution or reason as to why people do what they choose to do.

Please let me know if you need any extra info from me - I’m sure there are a few others out there in the same boat.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hello,

Haven’t faced such an issues before, but in case you are interested in the alternative, I can offer you to try out free 2-weeks version of Store Manager for Magento application (the link for download is in my signature).
It works directly with database, so in case you will be able to do everything via Store Manager and the issue remains, you can consider installing test Magento database at some subfolder. Then try to import again and check the results. If there will be the same issue, then it will denote that there are issues with your database.

Keep me posted on the result.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community