Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Configurable product not displaying in selected category. 

bappa06

Total Posts:  23

Hi,
I created Configurable product. They are working perfectly with individual link. But not showing in applied category.

Anybody can help me?

Thank you.
Himel

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hello,

Please, first of all check your products’ visibility. It should be set to Catalog or catalog search.

Check also this article on what you can check -
http://www.mag-manager.com/i-cannot-find-see-new-products-on-my-magento-store-admin-what-should-i-check

Hope it helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bappa06

Hi,
Simple products show perfectly. This problem is happening for configurable products.

Just check with you--
**I can increase stock quantity of simple products associated with configurable product. but not for parent configurable product.
**Websites attributes do not show up in product edit section [left side]. But with out this attributes simple product works fine in front end.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hi again,

As for quantity of configurable product, it doesn\’t have quantity itself. The quantity have simple products which are associated to configurable products, so you need to check them.

As for attribute, in case it is not showing up, you need to check if you created attribute correctly. Its scope should be global, type - drop-down, Use To Create Configurable Product - yes. Also attribute should have options with values.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bappa06

you need to check if you created attribute correctly. Its scope should be global, type - drop-down, Use To Create Configurable Product - yes

I think they are ok. Saying because configurable products displaying properly with it’s own url. e.g. http://goodguysgardening.com/index.php/floramicro-5-0-1.html

But not displaying in it’s associated category. e.g. http://goodguysgardening.com/index.php/products/nutrients-and-supplements.html

What will be the solution for this?

Thank you

Magento Community
Magento Community

bappa06

Ok i figured it out why configurable products was not displaying in their category link.

Magento Community
Magento Community

drench_design

Total Posts:  2

Great! Can you share with us maybe?

Magento Community
Magento Community

robbyclark

Total Posts:  2

Hi, I had the same issue and stuggled with this for sometime. However, I figured it out and unlike Bappa06 Im prepared to take the time to give back the knowledge.

Basically, it is a setting in the product. Go in to edit your product, choose “Design - Unused” and then “Display Product Options In” - make sure this is set to ‘Product Info Coloumn’ and then reindex and clear cache. It should work!

Image Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-05-21 at 12.36.08.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

NewYorkMarket

Total Posts:  1

Also be sure to check and make sure that you have made the product “In Stock” .  To check and see what is going on also you can imut the url pathway that you created for the product and add .html to the end to see if the product was created correctly.

Best of luck

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community