Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

The website cannot display the page (HTTP 500 error)

thomasb83

Total Posts:  1

Hi everyone,

Hopefully someone of you can help me with this problem.
I have an magento community edition version 1.4.0.1 webstore hosted with an hosting provider. But I want to move this site to a new server that I have full access to.

After moving the site everything seems to work fine, but when I try to make an order and gets to the onestepcheckout page I get the error:

The website cannot display the page
HTTP 500

Have tried to find the solution for this error, have tried several folder/files permissions without any luck. Turn on/off caching and deleted this several times.

After a while I also saw that this problem also occured on the admin site, for the moment it seems that only affected admin area is the payment methods tab.

Thanks for all help I can\\\’t get for this problem.

UPDATE!
I have tried to comment out the line Options +FollowSymLinks in .htaccess and added Options SymLinksIfOwnerMatch.
And tried to delete the .htaccess file, but then the only thing I achieved was that I had to add index.php to all links but onestepcheckout didn’t work then either.

Have set files/folder permission to 777 and this didn’t either help.

UPDATE 17.11
I have removed all extra payment modules and I know get the onestepcheckout running again, but I discovered some other problems now and that’s in the product catalog.

When I try to edit a product and choose the tab categories or one below that I get only the header text like product categories
On the related product tab I get the list of products but without all the formatting and menu on the right side. It’s only showing the product list and nothing more.

Kind Regards,
Thomas

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community