Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Pending Payment order status using PayPal solution? 

bfnation

Total Posts:  54

Hi I am looking for a solution to this problem we recently are having with new orders from new customers.

Our store uses PayPal Website Payments Standard to process not only PayPal accounts but credit cards. A handful of orders have the Order Status Pending Payment

How do we fix this and what exactly is the problem? I did read up on few things, not sure if my settings are incorrect.
My API is not setup
Transfer Cart Line Items is turned on
Payment action is on sale

Billing agreement is enabled
could this be the problem?

Payment Action is authorization
Transfer Cart Line Items is turned off

Would appreciate the help! thank you

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kiatng
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  875
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Pending Payment is not a problem. It means that your customers did not complete the payment in PayPal. You can proceed to change the status to Cancel.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bfnation

kiatng - 15 November 2012 07:27 AM

Pending Payment is not a problem. It means that your customers did not complete the payment in PayPal. You can proceed to change the status to Cancel.

Thank you for the reply! Is there anyway that someone can be notified if there payment was not completed? It just made me curious that it had to do with credit cards not processing correctly. So what it really has to do is a customer not completing the paypal payment.  Should I have “ Transfer Cart Line Items” enabled?

thank you for your help!

Magento Community
Magento Community

kiatng
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  875
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

bfnation - 15 November 2012 07:54 AM

kiatng - 15 November 2012 07:27 AM

Thank you for the reply! Is there anyway that someone can be notified if there payment was not completed? It just made me curious that it had to do with credit cards not processing correctly. So what it really has to do is a customer not completing the paypal payment.  Should I have “ Transfer Cart Line Items” enabled?

thank you for your help!

Magento only sends notification on new order. May be there is an extension that can notify for other order statuses?? Enable Transfer Cart Line Items if you want to send cart details to PayPal.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bfnation

Now should I have API settings setup? I feel like i am missing a step. thank you for the help

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community