Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Sell out of stock configurable products

DmitryM

Total Posts:  23

Hey guys.

I will appreciate if someone hint me the way to sell “out of stock” configurable products. What and where should I change to allow selling “out of stock” configurable products?

I read lots of posts here on the forum but haven’t got a clear answer. I also found some extensions for this purpose (but they are not free and I would not like to pay for that).

Thanks in advance
Dmitry

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kiatng
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  875
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

This can be set in the backend > System > Configuration > CATALOG Inventory > Product Stock Options > Backorders

Magento Community
Magento Community

DmitryM

Total Posts:  23

No, this works for Simple products only. But not for configurable products.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hello Dmitry,

I guess the suitable solution for you will be to set for your configurable products, the option Manage stock to “No”.

There is the application called Store Manager for Magento. It has many built-in and custom filters. Using it you can filter your products (select all configurable products) and then choose option Multi-Editior, that is built-in Store Manager. Using it you will be able in bulk change product information in 2 clicks.

In any case, you can try it out, since there is 2-week free version of the application available. You can download it here -
http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/store-manager-for-magento.html

Hope it was useful.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community