Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento add tax to product witch already includes tax

paul_bubblefish

Total Posts:  2

Hi All,

I have a magento installation version 1.7.0.0.

As you can see i have troubles at the chechout.

I have a test product. This product cost 150 euro. (in the backend filled in including tax

The tax of the product is 21%.

The total price including tax is the 150 euro, ex tax it is 123.97 euro. The tax amount is 26.03. So far so good.

But the system tells me that the final price is 176.03. So the tax of the original product is added again.

What am i doing wrong, or where does this go wrong?

Hope you can help me.

Kind regards,

Paul

Image Attachments
Schermafbeelding 2012-11-15 om 14.05.25.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

paul_bubblefish

Total Posts:  2

Does anyone have a clue??

Magento Community
Magento Community

m19nl

Total Posts:  11

I have exactly the same problem.
Sorry for bringing up an old topic.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Siggi_Schmitz
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  811

Did you set system / configuration / sales / tax / Calculation Settings / Catalog Prices to “Including tax” ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

m19nl

Siggi_Schmitz - 25 February 2013 03:30 AM

Did you set system / configuration / sales / tax / Calculation Settings / Catalog Prices to “Including tax” ?

Yes I did.

Let’s say you enter a product worth 100 euro excluding tax. With tax it would be 121 euro (21 euro tax). What Magento does it does 100 + 21 + 21 = 142 euro total.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Siggi_Schmitz
Enthusiast

Hm, that`s not normal, when the setting in system / configuration / sales / tax / Calculation Settings / Catalog Prices to “Including tax” is correct and you enter 100€ product price in the admin panel, then magento normally do not add tax because the 100€ is already included tax. Maybe an extension in your shop doing something wrong…

Magento Community
Magento Community

m19nl

Siggi_Schmitz - 25 February 2013 05:11 AM

Hm, that`s not normal, when the setting in system / configuration / sales / tax / Calculation Settings / Catalog Prices to “Including tax” is correct and you enter 100€ product price in the admin panel, then magento normally do not add tax because the 100€ is already included tax. Maybe an extension in your shop doing something wrong…

Well I actually enter 121, but then it adds the tax again.

I will try and disable some extensions. But the weird thing is I am running a multistore installation and it’s only wrong on 1 shop, while both shops are set to “Use Default” on all settings regarding tax.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Siggi_Schmitz
Enthusiast

I am very sure that`s a problem with your tax configuration when on the other store it`s all okay...are you absolutly sure that all price and tax settings are the same?

Magento Community
Magento Community

m19nl

If I go to System > Configuration > Tax and check the website and store scope of both sites they are exactly the same (all settings are set to “Use Default"), not sure if I’m missing any settings.

The problem exists on all products.

Not working: http://megafiles.nl/website1.png
Working: http://megafiles.nl/website2.png

Might be an extension problem, although I use the same extensions on both sites.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community