Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Pending Paypal, no payment received. 

zadpro

Total Posts:  247
FL, USA

I have PayPal payment pro on my store. Everything looks OK and people are able to purchase products with both methods (direct and express). However, I received one order today on the site that it’s status shows “Pending PayPal”. I have not received any payments or notifications in my PayPal account. This is the first time I see such a status in my orders. All previous orders were showing Processing. I don’t know what does this mean and how should I proceed?
Any idea?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

balero

Total Posts:  170
埼玉県所沢市

If for instance the address verification against the credit card billing address fails, PayPay will send the buy back to Magento to correct it, but leave the phantom transaction in Magento. A few corrections like this, and your order list fills up with imaginary PayPal Pending orders.

It’s too bad that the session isn’t tracked and all this isn’t rolled into one “order” record.

Magento Community
Magento Community

johnh123

Total Posts:  64

So I got a pending paypal, and so I sent the guy an invoice through paypal, and he paid.  How do I change the status of the order to processing?

Magento Community
Magento Community

balero

埼玉県所沢市

johnh123 - 13 March 2009 03:22 PM

So I got a pending paypal, and so I sent the guy an invoice through paypal, and he paid.  How do I change the status of the order to processing?

Unless someone has written an extension to do this, I don’t think you can change it. The Actions menu let you cancel the order, but not change it to Processing. You could try opening the order page and see if the Ship button works, but I doubt it does.

Magento Community
Magento Community

johnh123

I did end up using the ship button, and it worked.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jonathan123

Total Posts:  215

I believe you can just add an invoice, and set it to “capture offline” - this has worked for me in the past.

Magento Community
Magento Community

s4_optics

Total Posts:  56

I have been issuing PayPal invoices to anyone who didn’t complete the order when ordering through our shopping cart. Then when we get the PayPal funds notification we create an invoice for the order within Magento. When you create the magento invoice, select Capture Offline for the payment. Then save the invoice. Until today that has always updated the status from Pending to Processing. Today, for some unknown reason, it did not work - the order still shows as Pending. WTF!?

Magento Community
Magento Community

balero

埼玉県所沢市

We tried the issue an invoice tactic, but you know, the customers are long gone. They don’t respond to e-mails. They’ve had it with your screwed up store and have moved on with their lives. I only bother with sending manual invoices now if the customer seems to have made repeated attempts and the order amount is high.

An intermediate option (which we also don’t usually bother with now) is to make a “notify customer” comment asking them if they want an invoice.

The statuses that sometimes seem not to be right happens from time to time. We ask our developer to go into the database and change them, and it’s pretty hairy. So far no problems though. We have a situation where we want to reship orders that have gone missing and we do a $0.00 order, and Magento will give those a Processing status and refuse to change it to Shipped when you ship. The Ship button disappears.

I wish there was an undo in the first 5 minutes or 24 or 48 hours. You can’t even test stuff without spending hours placing fake orders (that go into your stats because you can’t delete them).

I’d like to write up best practices for reshipments and refunds and stuff like that, but I’d have to take detailed notes over a period of months to figure out how the system works, and I’m not that detailed.

I feel kind of trapped because I can’t outsource or delegate the store management, because I don’t know how to work it myself.

Magento Community
Magento Community

johnh123

I have heard from a number of customers when this happens that they did not bail on the checkout, rather paypal just kicked them back to the website without finalizing the order.  There is a problem there somewhere- it happens close to once a day out of probably 5 successful paypal orders.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jasso

Total Posts:  8

Paypal just did some kind of update, and we are seeing this problem just in the past couple days. Anyone have any insight into this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

pete_uk

Total Posts:  33

I have noticed that sometimes with Paypal Express payments that an invoice hasn’t been issued, even though the payment has gone through fine.

There doesn’t seem to be any pattern, just sometimes no invoice issued sometimes there is an invoice issued.

All I do is use the capture offline method, so that I am able to ship the order.

Oh and Varien team...when are you going to add the ability to edit/delete lines from an order?  Also, why can I only choose which items to refund when the buyer chooses Google checkout.  With other payment methods I can only refund the whole order and not individual lines.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pete_uk

Total Posts:  33

I have to say that the lack of response from Varien on these forums doesn’t encourage me to purchase the enterprise edition.  Varien, you shouldn’t assume that users of this forum are only ever going to use the free edition.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ChrisEdge76

Total Posts:  18

I’ve had this a couple of times now - is there any way to check that this is just the customer bailing out of the transaction during the paypal stage which is fair enough, or is there something else strange going on?

Also if these are dud orders there should be some way wipe them off the stats etc - anyone figured out an elegant way to do it?

Magento Community
Magento Community

johnh123

Well, in my case they aren’t people bailing out of orders, as they call and email saying they tried to place an order but it just kicked them back to the front page.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ChrisEdge76

Total Posts:  18

Thanks for the reply John - I’ve emailed the customer and asked them if they can shed any light on what happened and I’ll update this thread if they respond.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Incognito
Guru

Total Posts:  322
Michigan

I called paypal and they said to change the url from https://www.paypal.com/au/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_express-checkout&useraction;=commit&token;= to https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_express-checkout&useraction;=commit&token;=

Basically take out the au/ I am not sure if they made some recent changes but this seems to resolve the issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2