Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Individual Part numbers assigned to lengths of a product? 

wesrick

Total Posts:  3

I’m wanting to know if I can “easily” add part numbers to individual sizes of a product.  I sell many unqiue products in many sizes, and I have to be able to assign part numbers to each size.. so when I import it into quickbooks, they are taken out of inventory, etc.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

BeetleJeremy

Total Posts:  24

You can easily set up an attribute of part numbers. Which can then display on each simple product. Here how to Set Up Attributes.

How does the import into Quickbooks work? Would you not use these part numbers as SKU’s?

Magento Community
Magento Community

wesrick

Total Posts:  3

The import into quickbooks is a bit of a strange process.  Currently, I use the order email to parse the information from.. then that program puts it into an MDB file, and then pushes it to Quickbooks.  My shipping program also reads that same MDB file, and marks them as shipped when done.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community