Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Same code on development and production stored in svn? And loading products and their availibilty from a remote resorce? 

papricek

Total Posts:  19

Hi magento users,
I have two big issues on magento:
1) I would really like to have the same (or nearly the same) code on localhost for development and production. Question is, how much the code and the content of database differs on these two environments.
2) I need to connect magento to a source of data (now it seems to be a csv file) containing information about products (quantity of products available, name, price, etc.) - how its best to do this?

While quite poor in enghlish, havent found answers to my questions about magento… Please, post just a link or an advice of keyword, thanks a lot!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Brandlive_br
Guru

Total Posts:  653
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Hi papricek.

1) You can use SVN (or another one that you want).
Actually, We use SVN.
About the database, maybe you can’t get a total syncronization.

2) You can use cvs files with Magento Dataflow, or maybe you can use the API.

--
Damián

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community