Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Problem with database after changing magento directory

TLDW

Total Posts:  2

Hi All,
Having some real problems with our site after moving magento from /magento/ directory to root directory.
Everything seems to be working fine except customers can’t register with the shop, when they enter their details on the front end the following error appears:

“Associate to Website” is a required value.

If I try and add customer on the backend I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function setRenderer() on a non-object in /home/thelrcou/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Customer/Edit/Tab/Account.php on line 77

Have installed a testing site, and swapped databases over and come to the conclusion that this is a problem with the database, when I switch to a fresh database everything is fine, and also when I switch the testing site to existing database it no longer works!

The website is: http://thelakedistrictwalker.co.uk

If you need any more info please let me know

John

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

marionnex

Total Posts:  38

I have the same problem but different cause. I needed to upgrade from 1.4.0.1 to 1.7.

Here’s what I did, I copied the database and transferred all needed tables to the new database.
Everything was successful. I can see the orders, customers, email subscribers, products but opening/editing a customer from admin gived me this error. This is the only problem. Nothing more.

Please help. thanks…

Magento Community
Magento Community

GoMageTeam
Guru

Total Posts:  356
Warsaw, Poland

Hello,

Firstly, you should do the backup of the database. Then you should run the query in phpMyAdmin:

UPDATE `customer_entitySET `website_id` = (SELECT `website_idFROM  `core_websiteWHERE `code` = 'Your website code here');

Where is ‘Your website code here’ should be the code of your website.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ApproachGaret

Total Posts:  8

Hi, I tried the solution listed here a earlier but it did not work for me.

I’ve posted a potential solution, though it could be somewhat furthered to update wishlists, here on this post.

Thanks, -Garet
email me or find me at approach.im

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community