Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Price and special price calculated from Cost

dork99

Total Posts:  9

Hello everybody, so this is the plan, I want the price and special price to be dependent of the cost.
I have added 2 extra attributes (set to mandatory) to my attribute set:  factor-price and factor-specialprice.

So the price needs to become cost*factor-price and the specialprice needs to become cost*factor-speciaalprice .

Now I think I will have to adjust the following file to get this done (I found an earlier post on the magento forum http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/errors.php/viewthread/9933/P15/#t407868)

app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Product/Type/Price.php .…but I am not a programmer…can anybody give me a hint (a big one) what should be altered in this file to get this to work?

Thanks

Dork

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

cocos

Total Posts:  24
South Korea, Seoul

dork99 - 11 November 2012 09:53 AM

Hello everybody, so this is the plan, I want the price and special price to be dependent of the cost.
I have added 2 extra attributes (set to mandatory) to my attribute set:  factor-price and factor-specialprice.

So the price needs to become cost*factor-price and the specialprice needs to become cost*factor-speciaalprice .

Now I think I will have to adjust the following file to get this done (I found an earlier post on the magento forum http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/errors.php/viewthread/9933/P15/#t407868)

app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Product/Type/Price.php .…but I am not a programmer…can anybody give me a hint (a big one) what should be altered in this file to get this to work?

Thanks

Dork

First of all, the attribute code should be like this.

factor_price
factor_specialprice

Use the underbar(_) not hypen(-)

and then HINT smile

/* Before */
public function getPrice($product)
{

return $product->getData('price');
}

/* After */
public function getPrice($product)
{

return $product->getCost() * $product->getFactorPrice();
}

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Hi!
With Mass Product Actions Extension you can increase/decrease prices based on cost. You can do it in bulk too.

To see user guide and live demo please follow the link http://amasty-new.apps.sty/mass-product-actions.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

rebeccama

Total Posts:  110

Here is the extension which allows you to define price as cost + profit.
http://www.fmeextensions.com/magento-percentage-pricing.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

mickjo

Total Posts:  4

Take a look to Advanced Admin Products Manager and Mass Prices Updater this both extensions has wide range of features to manage prices (price, cost, msrp, special price and etc.) in bulk with different way to increase/decrease prices.

Magento Community
Magento Community

serpyre
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  771

Magento uses a hardcoded picing mechanism, it is not ideal as it causes currency exchange and COGS (Cost of Goods Sold) issues as pointed out, we have Dynamic Pricing, unforuntately Magento is not ideal at the business pricing solution it uses being primarily a technical problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community