Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Get Root URL

DCAlmeida

Total Posts:  164
PRT

Hi!

I also tried some functions like <?php echo Mage::getURL('') ?> or <?php echo $_link->getUrl() ?> but it don´t works for my needs.

So, I explain:
- I have another root directory, a live support script. I also copy and paste html code to Magento, to show online or offline support but this works statically.
- I am trying put this image dynamically, without direct and correct URL dependency.

My actual code is inside links.phtml and is:

<script type="text/javascript" src="/websitename/support/livehelp_js.php?eo=1&relative;=Y&amp;&amp;serversession=1&amp;pingtimes=15"></script>

So, I defined /websitename like root url but my objective is the system generate the url code dynamically, independent of host.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

DCAlmeida

Total Posts:  164
PRT

Ah, another point:

The result of geturl is:

http://localhost/websitename/index.php//support/livehelp_js.php?eo=1&rela;

:(

Magento Community
Magento Community

LeeSaferite
Guru

Total Posts:  322
Lake City, FL

Try Mage::getBaseUrl() or $this->getSkinUrl() depending on where you keep your JS

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community