Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 26 of 27
Bug reports

jammyb

Total Posts:  5

Just wanted to note, I installed version 2.0.9 today, followed the instructions and it all went generally OK, with two exceptions.

I had to make the same edit to my .htaccess file to remove the \\\"../..\\\" in order to get the skin redirection to work.

Also, initially I ignored the bit about the Yoast Canonical conflict, as the instructions state that the conflict is for version 1.3 and below and since I was using 2.0.9 I didn\\\’t think it would effect me. However, after installing I noticed that the admin panel was working well, with JS and CSS merged and minified, however the front end was working as per usual (as if Fooman Speedster was not installed).

So I made the edit to /app/code/community/Yoast/CanonicalUrl/Block/Head.php as per the instructions and the front end started to work OK.

So if anyone else gets the same problem, the Yoast conflict does seem to effect even the latest version.

On a more general note, even if you don\\\’t have Yoast installed, but have the same problems I do, then look for a file under a similar path:
/app/code/community/*Extension Name*/Block/Head.php
It means that the extension is creating the <head> block itself and over-writing the good work that Fooman is doing! To rectify, try making the same edit that Fooman suggests for Yoast. If it doesn\\\’t work you\\\’ll just have to go back to the makers of whichever extension is causing the problem.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Stevan1978

Total Posts:  78
Etten-leur

Hi all,

The extension is working like a charm in my Magento 1.7.0.2 installation.
However. If I want to make a backup of my SQL database or System backup my store does nothing??

I can click on the buttons but nothing happens.

If I remove the Fooman extension I can make a store backup again.

What’s going on?

Br,

Steve

Magento Community
Magento Community

miah

Total Posts:  6

Hi,

It’s not entirely clear from the manual, or from reading this thread, but is the plugin compatible with compilation?

The manual, and various posts here, talk about having problems with compilation and once it’s turned off, things start working again, however the question is, once installed and working, is it safe to re-enable compilation?

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ASTitanium

Total Posts:  15

I read this entire thing and still do not see any resolution of how to exclude certain extensions?  I have interakting slider on the front page and when compressed it disappears.  I cannot find where to add any of these exclusions. Anyone know?  It is definitely working well but i need that and “ajax add to cart” to work.

Magento Community
Magento Community

aidanlucid

Total Posts:  6

2.) Visit the url: http://YOURMAGENTOWEBSITE/lib/minify/m.php?f=/skin/frontend/default/default/css/print.css

You should see css in a condensed form. Also files starting with minify_ should be written to /var/minifycache

On my website I have installed everything but my minifycache folder is empty

\"Selftest failed with: Step 1 - OK
Step 2 - OK
Verify Minification ERROR: there are no files starting with \"minify_\" in \"/var/sites/k/kingdomonlinestores.co.uk/public_html/var/minifycache\" (Step 3)
Step 4 - OK
Please read the manual for details.
Starting Fooman_Speedster_Model_Selftester
Default store loaded
Magento version: 1.7.0.2
Speedster DB version: Not installed
Speedster Config version: 3.0.0
Checking file locations
Checking rewrites
Checking database
Result: success
Self-test finished\”
Any ideas? Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

baldwinagency

Total Posts:  3
Gent

We are having problems using version 3.0.1

Warning: include(Minify/Build.php[function.include]failed to open streamNo such file or directory  in *****/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 93

#0 *****/lib/Varien/Autoload.php(93): mageCoreErrorHandler(2, 'include(Minify/...', '*****...', 93, Array)
#1 *****/lib/Varien/Autoload.php(93): Varien_Autoload::autoload()
#2 [internal function]: Varien_Autoload->autoload('Minify_Build')
#3 *****/app/code/community/Fooman/Speedster/Model/BuildSpeedster.php(21): spl_autoload_call('Minify_Build')
#4 *****/lib/Varien/Autoload.php(93): include('*****...')
#5 [internal function]: Varien_Autoload->autoload('Fooman_Speedste...')
#6 [internal function]: spl_autoload_call('Fooman_Speedste...')
#7 *****/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(1346): class_exists('Fooman_Speedste...')
#8 *****/app/Mage.php(462): Mage_Core_Model_Config->getModelInstance('speedster/build...', Array)
#9 *****/app/code/community/Fooman/Speedster/Block/Page/Html/Head.php(119): Mage::getModel('speedster/build...', Array)
#10 *****/app/design/frontend/base/default/template/page/html/head.phtml(42): Fooman_Speedster_Block_Page_Html_Head->getCssJsHtml()
#11 *****/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(241): include('*****...')
#12 *****/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(272): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('frontend/base/d...')
#13 *****/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(286): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#14 *****/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(863): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#15 *****/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(582): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#16 *****/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(526): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->_getChildHtml('head', true)
#17 *****/app/design/frontend/*****/default/template/page/1column.phtml(48): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->getChildHtml('head')
#18 *****/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(241): include('*****...')
#19 *****/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(272): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('frontend/*****/...')
#20 *****/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(286): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#21 *****/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(863): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#22 *****/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(555): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#23 *****/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(390): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->getOutput()
#24 *****/app/code/core/Mage/Cms/Helper/Page.php(137): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->renderLayout()
#25 *****/app/code/core/Mage/Cms/Helper/Page.php(52): Mage_Cms_Helper_Page->_renderPage(Object(Mage_Cms_IndexController), 'home')
#26 *****/app/code/core/Mage/Cms/controllers/IndexController.php(45): Mage_Cms_Helper_Page->renderPage(Object(Mage_Cms_IndexController), 'home')
#27 *****/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(419): Mage_Cms_IndexController->indexAction()
#28 *****/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(250): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('index')
#29 *****/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(176): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#30 *****/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(354): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#31 *****/app/Mage.php(683): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#32 *****/index.php(87): Mage::run('', 'store')
#33 {main}

Magento 1.7.0.2
PHP 5.3.27

And we have the developer mode enabled, if we disable it, everything seems to work, but with it enabled we get this error

Would be great if you can get it working with developer mode enabled…

Tnx!

Magento Community
Magento Community

real34

Hi baldwinagency,

We faced the same issue and the workaround we used was to patch the “/lib/minify/Minify/Loader.php” file to prepend the autoloader.
So replace the line :

spl_autoload_register(array($inst'loadClass'));

With :

spl_autoload_register(array($inst'loadClass'), truetrue);

... and it might work in developer mode too!

Magento Community
Magento Community

baldwinagency

Gent

Thank you real34

This fixes the issue indeed!

Update: the proper fix is included in Fooman Speedster 3.0.5

Magento Community
Magento Community

jonpurdie

Total Posts:  68

FIXED! smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

eistudy

Total Posts:  1

HI Fooman,
On my website I have installed everything but it still don’t work,when i try to enable speedster on system->Configuration->FOOMAN EXTENSIONS, it can’t pass the selftest.

here is zhe err message:
Config Version: 3.0.5
DB Version: 3.0.5
Data Version: 3.0.5
Step 1 - OK
Step 2 - OK
Verify Minification ERROR: minification does not work (Step 3)
Verify URL Rewriting ERROR: The minified result is larger than the original (Step 4)
Please read the manual for details.
Starting Fooman_Speedster_Model_Selftester
Default store loaded
Magento version: 1.7.0.2
Speedster DB version: Not installed
Speedster Config version: 3.0.5
Checking file locations
Checking rewrites
Checking database
Result: success
Self-test finished

Here is my site url :www.renopapa.sg
i have read the INSTRUCTIONS in your site,because i use nginx 1.4.2 with php 5.3.27,so i add rewrite url like:

rewrite ^/minify/([0-9]+)(/.*.(js|css))$ /lib/minify/m.php?f=$2&d;=$1 last;
rewrite ^/skin/m/([0-9]+)(/.*.(js|css))$ /lib/minify/m.php?f=$2&d;=$1 last;

location /lib/minify/ {
allow all;
}

after that i open the url:
http://www.renopapa.sg/lib/minify/m.php?f=/skin/frontend/default/default/css/print.css
http://www.renopapa.sg/skin/m/1232681243/skin/frontend/default/default/css/print.css

i can see the all the test returns the expected result,and files have been wrote in “var/minifycache”,but it still can’t pass the selftest.
so i have no idea about how to fix it now,please help me,my email addree is support@eistudy.com

Image Attachments
QQ图片20131214145822.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

swamsley

Total Posts:  8
St. Louis, MO

eistudy,

I had the same problem with Fooman Speedster version 3.0.5. I have Magento 1.8.1 on an Nginx/php-fpm platform.

I added this to my server block:

location /skin/m {
    rewrite 
^/skin/m/([0-9]+)(/.*.(js|css))$ /lib/minify/m.php?f=$2&d;=$1 last;
}

allow all
;
}

All the verification steps passed when I did them manually, but the automatic self test fails. So I just manually enabled the extension by updating the database:

update core_config_data set value=1 where path='foomanspeedster/settings/enabled';

The extension works perfectly with Nginx. I just ignore the self test failures.

Magento Community
Magento Community

noivaimportada

Total Posts:  5

I read the whole thing and couldn’t find something that could fix this particular step:

Verify URL Rewriting ERROR: The minified result is larger than the original (Step 4)

** I checked the permissions
** I added the below to my .htaccess
############################################
## you can put here your magento root folder
## path relative to web root

RewriteBase /

############################################
## Compress, Combine and Cache Javascript/CSS
RewriteRule ^(index.php/)?minify/([^/]+)(/.*.(js|css))$ lib/minify/m.php?f=$3&d;=$2

** I checked with my server if accepts rewriting (Apache) and they said yes.

I really really dont know what else to do and my website really need this tool working with the new template.

Could Foom/any good soul please help me with what could it be?

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

dreamvinoth80

Total Posts:  2

i just added an folder “ minify_” in var/minifycache . every thing workder.

Magento Community
Magento Community

r0edyhart0n0

Total Posts:  1

Thanks for your great job Fooman!!
I just installed your module correctly, but.. why it just working on my home page? Not to all my pages..?
Why this happened?
my site: http://hartonokomputer.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

baraksteve

Total Posts:  4

Hello everyone… I had Fooman 3.0.12 installed and working great for 1 month. Today all the sudden I cannot load my product pages, just get a blank screen. Also not loading products in Category pages. And Top Menu shows Loading.....

I removed the extension completely as suggested and installed 3.0.14, on the extension support tab, I get all Green/OK

In the Fooman Speedster tab, it shows Enabled = No

Problem is the Admin GUI does not allow me to click on the Save Config button to change it to Yes. I also see that throughout the Admin I cannot click on buttons such as Submit to Clear all Cache.....

I deleted everything in var/cache and var/minifycache, am able to click on Flush Javascript cache and Flush Magento Cache but that is still not solving the problem.

Magento CE 1.8.1.0

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 26 of 27