Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Bug reports

hubu

Total Posts:  1

chinesedream - 24 June 2009 04:48 AM

Hi Fooman, is there known issue that it’s working on the front-end but not admin?

I installed Speedster to a client’s site which is hosted with Crucial web, now everything is not clickable and style sheets are not picked up in admin. I can see speed improvement from front-end though. This is a custom theme located in the default folders but use no magento default style sheets (e.g. no boxes.css file). I don’t think this matters but just in case your script is looking for the same css files names from both frontend/adminhtml.

Thanks! The speed gains is quite impressive though therefor I really love to use it on this site.

i have the same problem here, speedster works fine in frontend but in backend no js no css is made a screenshot of this, how i can fix this problem? fooman can you help me?
i have the new 13.2.2
you wrote in your first post,
3.) Change to address http://YOURMAGENTOWEBSITE/minify/1232681243/skin/frontend/default/default/css/boxes.css

This should show the identical file from step 2.

i dont have the /minify/ folder in my magento root tree, or is your version not ready for 1.3.2.2?
pls help smile

Image Attachments
Aufzeichnen.JPG

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

tmargraf

Total Posts:  11

Hi,

I have a curious problem. I tested all 4 steps and I see always anything. But thats the problem.

I see only hieroglyphs and no css text.

Can you help me ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

alex.bsc
Guru

Total Posts:  340

hubu: make sure you have done all the necessary stuff in the .htaccess file.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ph23man

Total Posts:  14

Hi, I’m trying to get this extension working on a subdomain used for testing/sandbox purposes.

Steps 1 and 2 are fine but Step 3 and 4 don’t work and result in a 404.

Basically, the test site is run from:
http://dev.mydomain.com

With my hosting setup, subdomains are run from sub-folders of the root folder. The server runs Litespeed, not Apache - I’m not sure if that’s important, just thought I’d mention it. I’m running 1.3.2.2.

In htaccess I have the following:

RewriteBase /dev/
RewriteRule ^(index.php/)?minify/([^/]+)(/.*.(js|css))$ lib/minify/m.php?f=$3&d;=$2

I know I’m supposed to edit that 2nd line because I’m running from a sub-folder but I’m not sure where I’m supposed to edit it. I tried inserting /dev/ in a different places but nothing works. It doesn’t work in both the admin and the frontend.

I’ve also chmodded the 3 files/folders mentioned a few posts up to 755 as well with no success.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

louy

Total Posts:  3

OK I feel like a fooman speedster expert because I just installed it successfully and I ran into every error listed. After changing permissions on the appropriate folders (as specified by the error log as you’re installing in the downloader) to 777, I changed the .htaccess in my root folder to :

############################################
## you can put here your magento root folder
## path relative to web root

RewriteBase /

############################################
## Compress, Combine and Cache Javascript/CSS
RewriteRule ^(index.php/)?minify/([^/]+)(/.*.(js|css))$ lib/minify/m.php?f=$3&d;=$2

and everything works well now! Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

FOOMAN
Guru

Total Posts:  669
Auckland, New Zealand

ph23man, you don’t need to edit the second line. You only need to adjust the RewriteBase - this will likely be just / since you don’t type in the folder in the address bar. I don’t know enough about litespeed to say if the syntax needs to be changed for the rewrite rules to work.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dannyz1984

Total Posts:  153

eitai2001 - 19 June 2009 08:07 AM

Ok, I got it working ... it was a matter of setting the bloody permissions from 777 to 755 as the server doesn’t allow 777 :/

quoted for truth

file permissions are so dumb.  i didnt even know how serious they were until now.

Magento Community
Magento Community

AnneLise

Total Posts:  154
Bergen, Norway

THanks for a really good extension!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Danielc1234

Total Posts:  175
Miami, FL - United States

We have installed this module in all our other stores and it works great. However in our 1.3.2.3 site I cannot get it to work no matter what I try to do. I have repeated all the steps many many times with no luck.
Has anyone heard if this is incompatible with the latest version?

@ laqua - Wow is all I can say about you!  cool smile 

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

sarmer

Total Posts:  11

Hi there,

I am running this on the latest version and it seems to be working.

I am having the following 2 problems though and would really appreciate ANY help.

1. My development site which is a subdomain of my site used to be password protected. (As setup via cpanel), now, it just loads my development site without requiring a username and password, and I want my password protection back to prevent the public from entering my site.

2. I have a block on the stores homepage, with featured products.  Whatever new products I add, however, is not reflected on my home page.  I have deleted var/cache

PLEASE anyone help me!

Kindest regards,
Mervyn/sarmer

Magento Community
Magento Community

FOOMAN
Guru

Auckland, New Zealand

@tmargraf - this looks like an issue of content being encoded twice. You might have to disable zlib compression. There is some code in /lib/minify/.htaccess

@laqua thanks for the feedback - glad it helps

@Danielc1234 - i’ve tested it on 1.3.2.3 with no problems. Are you currently using the compiler extension? What is currently not working?

@sarmer - Next time you probably will have more luck in reposting your question on the general forum. This one is only for bugs related to my Speedster extension.
1. Magento comes with its own htaccess file which would overwrite what you have set up in cpanel. It is not advisable to redo cpanel since it will overwrite needed stuff.  I would suggest using cpanel to password protect a completely different folder. Then look up the htacces file it generated in that folder and then try to merge the content with the main .htaccess file of your store
2.if you are using the “featured block” which came from the Magento sample data - this is hardcoded. Have a look at the CMS homepage in the Magento back-end to view the code.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Danielc1234

Fooman, I had to disable it for now until I can figure out what is happening.
It is causing nothing in the <head></head>. So when I activate it I am getting nothing in there.
I set it up exactly like I had on all my other sites.
I renamed the .htaccess in the /lib/minify section, etc. but no luck.
Any ideas what might be causing this?
Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

FOOMAN
Guru

Auckland, New Zealand

Not sure have you maybe disabled the output? It’s under system>configuration>advanced. This can also be set per website and store view so make sure to check those too.

Check here for more info: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/48669/

Magento Community
Magento Community

Danielc1234

Fooman, I reinstalled and checked to see if it was enabled for all views, etc. and still no luck. Is there a time when you will be online so I can install the module again so you can take a look at it?
I have to leave it uninstalled because people are working on the site entering data, etc.

Magento Community
Magento Community

beefish

Total Posts:  15

Hi Fooman,

Thanks for the great extension. I followed every step and made it work, however, the only problem is that the website is showing the default CSS but not my customized ones. Do you have any ideas?

Thank you very much!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community