Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How to add new category when import products to Magento

langji

Total Posts:  1

Hello

I have millions of products and 6000 categories to import, how can I use the category name not category id to add new category automatically? Or how to process the categories?

Any help with this would be great appreciated. Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hello,

I know the solution using which you can indicate category name in the file and if you do not have such a category, it will be created on the fly right in the process of import. It is possible to to using the application called Store Manager for Magento. It has flexible system of data input and the modifications can be done right in the process of import.

Also at the moment we are working on the improvement of import procedure and further it will be possible to add huge amounts of products during one import procedure, so there will be no need to separate the file into portions.

In case you are interested, you can download the application here -
http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/store-manager-for-magento.html

It is free 2-week version, so you can try it out.
In case you require any assistance, please, let me know.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community