Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Block Position Problem When Going to New Language

LovePepper

Total Posts:  40

Hello Fellow Magentoians

Maybe someone can help me out here?

The right layout block goes to the bottom when I change language. Nothing seems the matter with the html. I’ve went though it very carefully.

My translation (i.e. Spanish) has no templates or layout files only a little styles and images in the skin file.

Seems it should render the pages exactly the same.

I’m sure you can’t tell me how to fix it but where should I look? The only thing I can think of is the blocks are not being render the same.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Image Attachments
spanish bottom.PNGspanisyh.PNGenglish.PNG

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

vjtemplates
Guru

Total Posts:  408
Washington, USA

This is CSS issue. You can Firebug to figure that out. It’s common that language translation will kick one block to another due to the translated texts occupy bigger div or span than the original language.

Magento Community
Magento Community

LovePepper

Total Posts:  40

vjtemplates - 12 November 2012 03:36 PM

This is CSS issue. You can Firebug to figure that out. It’s common that language translation will kick one block to another due to the translated texts occupy bigger div or span than the original language.

Thanks. I’ve got it working after moving a whole file! Then while fixing all the broken links I discovered it was a missing div in one of my side blocks. 

Least I got the file moved to he correct location. smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community