Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Custom URL rewrites disappearing

devonhicks

Total Posts:  5

When I reindex all the indexes I loose all of my custom URL rewrites.  Does anyone know why this may be happening.  It is on magento 1.7.0.1

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

websymphonies

Total Posts:  3

bump this

also happening in 1.7.0.2

Magento Community
Magento Community

Francis Kim

Total Posts:  8
Melbourne

Magento is changing those because you didn’t change the id_path. If you specify different id_path value for your Custom Category rewrite, Magento will not overwrite it.

Also what you want to achieve could be done with Custom Url Rewrite. For example:

request path: catalog/category/view/id/118

target path: ‘corporate’

In this way you’re making a destination of system rewrite yours start point.

Source: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12408213/magento-1-7-0-2-index-management-overwriting-url-rewrites

Magento Community
Magento Community

websymphonies

Total Posts:  3

Yes I found that article and tried what you’re suggesting, but changing the id_path ends up breaking my rewrite.

Here’s my situation:

I have an empty category (so that it shows up in the main menu) and I’d like this empty category page to go to a custom CMS page I’ve created.

ID_path: category/10
request path: category/10
target path: customer-service

If I change the ID_path to anything else, the rewrite stops working. So for example if I change id_path to “support” it tries to take me to:

/catalog/category/view/s/support/id/10/ instead of my CMS page named “customer-service”.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community