Magento Forum

Problem with images while exporting, then importing product catalog. 

JBlack

Total Posts:  2

I am experimenting with creating a catalog and then exporting all products and importing them to make mass changes.

Before exporting and importing, all my products have images on the front-end.  After exporting and importing, all my products on the front-end have no images.

If I go into the backend, I see the images are still associated with the product, but that I have to click the 3 radio buttons to set the image, small image, and thumbnail.

Is this a common mistake for people when starting out with importing?

What could be going wrong here?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

JBlack

Total Posts:  2

I was able to resolve the problem by deleting all the columns in the csv related to images

Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hello,

Thank you for sharing experience, hope it will be useful for others.
Also for those who also experience issues with images, very often they are caused by the fact that when you upload new images they do not overwrite the existing onces.

In case you do not know what images should be deleted which are correct and which are not necessary, and upload new images without duplication you can use Store Manager for Magento application and there will also be the option to clear image gallery before the upload.
Free 14-day version of the application is available for download here -
http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/store-manager-for-magento.html

In case you are facing issue with images not for the first time, they may be messed up in some way - there may be missing images or those, which are not linked to products.
You can use Store Diagnostics Tool, which is built-in Store Manager and check out your images.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community