Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How to add a accordion CSS in a CMS page? 

Chacalteam

Total Posts:  4

Hi magento people…

For starters just to say that i’m new to magento!

I’ve been searching for (some days now) a tutorial which could explain how to place a CSS accordion (like thisone: http://tympanus.net/Tutorials/CSS3Accordion/ ) or tabs in a CMS page like the FAQ or About Us. The content in these elements doesn’t need to have any connection to the shop productos… its just for text and some images (see this FAQ example: ver este exemplo de um FAQ em acordião: http://magento.webkul.com/virtual/index.php/accordion-faq/ ).

I would like some help with this topic...please…

Thank you to all of you!
Filipe Silva

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

MagikSwapna

Total Posts:  97

Hello,

Through admin pannel you can add Accordion css to your cms page.
Go to CMS -> Pages select your CMS page.
Under Page Information -> Design -> Page Layout -> Layout update XML
add your accordion css
<reference name="head">
<action method="addCss"><stylesheet>css/yourcss.css</stylesheet></action>
</reference>

Magento Community
Magento Community

Chacalteam

MagikSwapna - 07 November 2012 08:49 PM

Hello,

Through admin pannel you can add Accordion css to your cms page.
Go to CMS -> Pages select your CMS page.
Under Page Information -> Design -> Page Layout -> Layout update XML
add your accordion css
<reference name="head">
<action method="addCss"><stylesheet>css/yourcss.css</stylesheet></action>
</reference>

Hi MagikSwapna, thank you ofr you response!

I’ve seen that explanation in some websites… but i must do something well right? For that css accordion i have multiples files as images, fonts, html… (link to download css: http://tympanus.net/Tutorials/CSS3Accordion/CSS3Accordion.zip)
I must need to copy these files to the theme folder and or edit some phtml? right? this is what i got from tutorials...but none easy explained… hope you can help me with this! wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

prateekgupta
Guru

Total Posts:  541
India

Hi,

this accordion is good indeed very good but it has problems with the old version of IE. SO be careful about it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Chacalteam

prateek gupta. - 11 November 2012 07:25 PM

Hi,

this accordion is good indeed very good but it has problems with the old version of IE. SO be careful about it.

Hi Prateek, yes it’s very nice indeed… it’s a very good addition to any cms page! Those problems with old IE might not be so important as fewer old IE will be running with the passing of the years (thank god… lol).

Do you have experience with these kind of integrations, css and magento cms pages?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Limegreen

Total Posts:  0

Hi Filipe,

I’m looking to exactly the same thing on our site.

We are looking to add content to the homepage, without it being too ‘wordy’, so visitors can select if they wish to read or not.

Also, we’re looking to use the same solution for our FAQ’s as the Wekul Accordion wasn’t exactly what we are looking for as I don’t like the animation, or the fact that it doesn’t close again. i.e. one of the panels needs to be always open.

You can probably guess from my language, and terminology used that I’m not a web developer but the owner of the website - so any advice you could offer would be gratefully received.

If you take the approach of treating me like an inept fool - you wouldn’t go far wrong wink

Kind Regards

M.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community