Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

White screen when starting install

KatyaKor

Total Posts:  2

Last week I installed Magento without error on my server. My only error was not installing the sample data. So after messing around with it for a week, I deleted the install, deleted the database, and attempted to start again. I cannot get the install Welcome screen to appear.

I have checked file permissions. I have tried 777 and 755. I am using the same zip file that I used in the first install. I have even tried the download install and get the same thing. I have tried different web browsers.

My previous install was in a /magento subdirectory. I deleted everything from that directory and reinstalled there. Is there something hanging around somewhere else that I need to go clean up in order to reinstall?

Just tried running magento-check.php and get the white screen with it also. I’ve tried changing the file permissions on it also.

I did this the first time, barely reading the online manual....which explains why I missed that sample data needs to be imported first. So now I\\\’m trying to do it the proper way and I cannot get it to work!  I am sure that there is some stupid user trick that I am doing.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Katya

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

KatyaKor

Total Posts:  2

Solved my problem. Although I still don’t know exactly what was causing the problem. I suspect the password file for that directory became corrupt.

I moved everything to a new directory but was still unable to get the magento-check.php to run. However, the install ran and the sample data is there.

Hope this helps someone else who is having this problem.

Katya

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community