I finished an install and everything appears to be fine. The problem is that none of the images show up in the category and product pages. Even if I upload a new image, it doesn’t show. In fact, when I upload the image in the Maintain Products page, it looks like it uploads just fine, but nothing shows when I do a roll-over. I’ve checked my permissions, and it’s all fine. The products are visible and enabled. The only thing that doesn’t show are the images. Even the placeholders don’t show.
I can’t find anything that gives even a hint of what I should be checking. It has to be a setting but what???
Here are a few items for you to check:
- check if you have all the permissions on media folder that allow you to do all the actions with it
- images size should be less than 2 MB (since as I know Magento does not upload images bigger than 2 MB)
- check if there is enough space at your FTP for images upload
- check if in image names there are no spaces
- check the sort order of images.
- make sure that during import you assign images to media gallery and that they are assigned as small, base and thumbnail.
- check if your image uploaded to correct subfolders at your FTP.