Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Bulk Ordering on Front end (like admin section)

jimmypalmer

Total Posts:  79

I’m not sure how to explain this and I have my doubts that this is possible, but here it goes…

In the admin section you can create an order, find your products and add them to the cart very easily and quickly. You simply search for the product by sku, check the checkbox next to the product and add the quantity to the text box and click “add selected products to cart”. 

I am wondering if this is possible to allow this functionality on the front end.  My client does not want the traditional ecommerce checkout structure:

product list page > product page > add to cart > cart page

They are looking for a solution the lists all the products with checkboxes and textbox for the quantity and add them in bulk...again just like the admin section currently functions.

Is this possible?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community