Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Duplicate Compare Products

jonbux

Total Posts:  8
Utah

On my products pages, the right hand column displays two Compare Products boxes. In all other places on the site (categories, search results...) There is only one.

Sorry if this is a beginners issue, but I don’t know where to go on this one and I can’t find any other problems like this in the forums (Maybe I missed them??) or on Google.

Thanks Guys!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sourcetech

Total Posts:  17

I know it’s been a while, but I’ve got the same issue. Googling “magento product compare” brought this up!

I’ve found the file which is causing the issue, but have no idea how to fix it:

app > design > frontend > base > template > catalog > product > compate > sidebare.phtml

If you rename the file, it removes both boxes but I cant see in the code where the duplicate is coming from?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community