Magento Forum

Online printshop - Attributes - Associated Products

vagabondos

Total Posts:  2

Hi Community,
I’m going to build an online print shop but couldn\\\’t figured out how to do the followings:

I have 3 type of paper, 3 type of pages/sides and 7 different quantity price.

My question is, how can make it, so I can enter prices for every quantity in different type of paper and type of pages/slides in “Associated Products”.

Thanks for your input...

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  854

Hello,

I guess the best way-out for you will be to create configurable products with range of associated simple products. For that first of all you need to create configurable attributes, lets say - paper type and paper sides and for each indicate appropriate values. Next you create configurable product and all the associated to it simple products which represent the variations. From the front-end you will have they as drop-downs. Check the screen-shot attached below.

Read more on what is configurable product and how to create it - http://www.mag-manager.com/useful-articles/tipstricks/what-is-magento-configurable-product-how-to-create-magento-configurable-product

Also in case you need a lot of variations of simple products, you can create them automatically, check this article -
http://www.mag-manager.com/useful-articles/tipstricks/how-to-create-all-combinations-of-simple-products-that-belong-to-main-magento-configurable-product-in-2-clicks

As for prices, you can create the different prices depending on quantity of items one buys by means of tier prices (check the screen-shot).

Also you mentioned that you have print-shop, than most likely you need something for printing - lets say your client can upload print he wants during the order, then you can create custom options to configurable product for this purpose.

Hope my reply was helpful.

Image Attachments
configurable_paper.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

ryanb4614

Total Posts:  8

vagabondos - 03 November 2012 07:21 AM

Hi Community,
I’m going to build an online print shop but couldn\\\’t figured out how to do the followings:

I have 3 type of paper, 3 type of pages/sides and 7 different quantity price.

My question is, how can make it, so I can enter prices for every quantity in different type of paper and type of pages/slides in “Associated Products”.

Thanks for your input...

I am in the same boat. This issue runs into adding the quantity and price change. Especially tier pricing. I have looked for a solution, there isn’t a “free” solution. Best thing would be the ability for tier pricing quantity to replace the default quantity input box with a drop down menu with the quantities set in the tier pricing for that specific product. If there is no tier pricing the regular default input for the quantity box would show. When the tier price is clicked on/selected in the drop down menu the price would automatically change for the product. This is a project I am trying to find a solution for.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community