Total Posts:  4

Hi all,

So I followed this guide here to do an upgrade:
http://turnkeye.com/blog/magento-upgrade-guide/

But now I’m getting this error:

dbModel read resource does not implement Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract

Trace
:
#0 /home/hdtvelec/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Db/Collection/Abstract.php(134): Varien_Data_Collection_Db->setConnection(false)
#1 /home/hdtvelec/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(1348): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Db_Collection_Abstract->__construct(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Website))
#2 /home/hdtvelec/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(1380): Mage_Core_Model_Config->getModelInstance('core_resource/w...', Object(Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Website))
#3 /home/hdtvelec/public_html/app/Mage.php(490): Mage_Core_Model_Config->getResourceModelInstance('core/website_co...', Object(Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Website))
#4 /home/hdtvelec/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Abstract.php(208): Mage::getResourceModel('core/website_co...', Object(Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Website))
#5 /home/hdtvelec/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Abstract.php(213): Mage_Core_Model_Abstract->getResourceCollection()
#6 /home/hdtvelec/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(608): Mage_Core_Model_Abstract->getCollection()
#7 /home/hdtvelec/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(466): Mage_Core_Model_App->_initStores()
#8 /home/hdtvelec/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(349): Mage_Core_Model_App->_initCurrentStore('', 'store')
#9 /home/hdtvelec/public_html/app/Mage.php(683): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#10 /home/hdtvelec/public_html/index.php(87): Mage::run('', 'store')
#11 {main}

I was getting some other error before, and this error is after overwriting all the files on the FTP from my backup, and also importing the old SQL database(which I’m not sure if it uploaded properly, as after the upload was done it took me to a 404.

Permissions have been set as well:

find . -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;
find . -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \;

Any ideas?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kalenjordan

Total Posts:  218
Pasadena, CA

At what step in the upgrade process did you hit this issue?  When upgrading from 1.4.1 to 1.4.2 or later on in the process?

What seems to be happening is that in that in Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Db_Collection_Abstract in the __construct() method, $this->setConnection() is being called with a value of false, instead of a read connection object being passed in.

This is because $this->getResource()->getReadConnection() is returning false.  You may want to check that your config xml for your read DB connection is in tact.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community