Magento Forum

Importing product description with line breaks not working

chraisy1

Total Posts:  5

Hello!!!

I am importing a csv file with all my products details.

In the \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"Description\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" collumn I have some texts with line breaks (paragraphs), but when I import it to Magento, all the text become in the same line, no paragraphs, no line breaks.

Is there any way to import and keep the paragraphs (line breaks)?

Thanks for the attention!

Christian

***Attached is a small piece of my csv file (coverted into .xml because csv atatchments are not alowded)

File Attachments
produtcscsvexample.xml  (File Size: 53KB - Downloads: 77)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

chraisy1

Total Posts:  5

Dear forum2tech, thanks for your repply.

Since the csv file is ready and I have around 1500 products, do you have an idea on how to bulk “replace” the paragraphs with the <br> ?

Best regards.

Christian

Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  854

Hello Christian!

I guess, Forum2tech is right, you need to insert <br> to have breaks into paragraphs. However, I understand that manually inserting <br> for great amount of products will take too long. So I can offer you the solution using which it is possible to insert paragraphs on a fly right in the process of import without manual work in the file done.

It is possible performing import using Store Manager for Magento application.
Basically you need to run import via Store Manager for Magento and during import use the following expression formula for the description field-

REPLACE([CSV_COL(2)],'\n','\n<br>')
CSV_COL(2) - represents the number of column with description

Also, please, note in case your line breakers are make by some other method than Enter, please, let us know, so we could adjust the expression for you.
Here is free 2-weeks version of Store Manager for Magento -
http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/catalog/product/view/id/14665/s/store-manager-for-magento-pro-edition
so you can try it out.

In case any assistance is required, please, let me know and I will gladly help you.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community