Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can Magento manage any tags triggered through Google Tag Manager? 

Cisfran

Total Posts:  2

Hi all,

I ask this question because I wanted to set up Google Analytics tracking with Google Tag Manager using Google Tag Manager extension for Magento.
To do so, I had to unable GA in Magento (GA API).
However I figured out that Magento manages both GA and GA ecommerce tracking at the same time through the GA API.

And as Google Tag Manager doesn’t support the GA ecommerce tracking yet, I ended up being unable to use Google Tag Manager for Google Analytics tracking…

I have included the Adwords conversion tag as well as the Google remarketing tag in Google Tag Manager.
Does anyone know if it’s safe. I mean if it will work properly (because I can’t really test it) with Magento?

Thank you!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

rboarman

Total Posts:  1

Did you ever get anywhere with this? I am starting on implemrntation of GTM in our stores. Where did you put the GTM code?

Rick

Magento Community
Magento Community

Cisfran

Total Posts:  2

Hi,

Actually no but meanwhile GTM has evolved and you can now set up the GA ecommerce tracking in GTM with the Transaction track type.

I will give it a try someday and let you know.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community