Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

category issues after upgrading to 1.7.0.2

Loveplay

Total Posts:  1

After upgrading to 1.7.0.2, I cannot import new products into categories. I import via csv without any errors, but they are not being put into any categories! All products are visible, categories are enabled and I have literally tried everything!!! I am not code savvy, but I can follow directions well, Please Help!!! I need urgent help, I have been searching for a fix for days on end now!! Thanks ahead of time smile

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kalenjordan

Total Posts:  218
Pasadena, CA

Hey @Loveplay, I have a hunch that something is failing silently.  Try flipping on developer mode, display_errors, and logging, and check to see whether you have any exceptions logged after completing the import.

By the way, what version did you upgrade from?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hi there,

If you mean that the products are assigned to correct categories from admin, but not assigned to categories from the front-end, please, try to clear cache and to do re-index.

In case the products are not linked to correct categories from back-end as well as from front-end, then most likely it means that in the process of import category column was skipped.
Try to check the format of the file and data placement - you can export the file first and check how the products should assigned to categories and what format handles your import tool.

In order to check if this is the issue with your admin or some deeper one, as an alternative you can try to import via the application called Store Manager for Magento.
With this application there is no need to re-import again all the product data (since if I understood you correctly, the products were already uploaded, but not assigned to correct categories).
With Store Manager to link products to correct categories in the file you need to have only SKU for product identification and column with category. In this way it will take you less time, as it imports less columns.
There is 2-week free version of Store Manager, you can download it from th link in my signature.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community