Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Community 1.7 WordPress 3.4 and Fishpig 2.4

rick3rd

Total Posts:  2

Working on a test box with Redhat Linux/MYSQL

I am not able to open the magento site or the magento admin panel after attempting to re-install fishpig.

I am running Magento 1.7 - was interested in Wordpress and integration using fishpig.  I downloaded and installed Wordpress 3.4.2 then installed Fishpig 2.4.49 through Magento connect.  I could access wordpress through the magento admin panel and I can access wordpress admin - was having problems with the blog route (just understanding how to set this up).  So I followed the steps in the following article to re-install Fishpig:

http://fishpig.co.uk/wordpress-integration/docs/reinstall.html

So I opened the Magento database table called core_resource and deleted the entry relating to WordPress as the article stated.  I then opened the home page of Magento as the article stated and I get an error in the browser:

HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

So I ran a select statement on the database table core_resource and I see that my wordpress entry is back but with a null value in one field

wordpress_setup | 2.4.39 | NULL

My web server log shows an error:

PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function getId() on a non-object in /var/www/html/magento/app/code/community/Fishpig/Wordpress/Helper/Config.php on line 81

Line 81 of the file above is:

‘websites’ => $store->getWebsite()->getId(),

I am not a developer and am not sure how to troubleshoot this.

Is there a procedure to manually uninstall Fishpig?  Would you agree that this is the problem?  Or is there a suggest procedure to repair the problem?

I would like to re-install it and continue to learn about this integration.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mshmsh5000

Strange—that just happened to me too on fresh installs of both platforms.

I ran through some basic debugging, and then the problem went away. At first, the store didn’t seem to be properly initialized. After debugging, it started loading properly.

Try this: at line 81 of Config.php, replace with this:

'websites' => 1,

This should definitely allow the storefront to load completely. I you get that far, try resetting to its original call:

'websites' => $store->getWebsite()->getId(),

That falls far short of an analysis, I’m afraid, but I’m curious to see whether you get the same results.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mshmsh5000

Possible that this was just a caching issue. As the instructions say, you have to disable all Magento cache before installing. I didn’t do that.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community