Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Google Website Optimizer Code Not Being Written to Proper Pages

lbrean

Total Posts:  31

So, I’ve gotten all the scripts to import into the product page by copying the URL out of Website Optimizer and pasting it into the proper field on the product page optimization tab. However, the optimizer javascript isn’t being written onto the product page, causing google’s check for the script to fail. I’ve double checked by viewing the source, and it is in fact not there. Any hints?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

BruceM

Total Posts:  16

I’ve got the same problem.

I find that /checkout/cart/ will work (something that Trevor in the Optimizer webinar pointed out) whereas /checkout/onepage/success/ won’t. So I’m playing around with a fake conversion page as per Trevor’s suggestion.

Then I simply pasted on the Original Page the control script and tracking script to the CMS>ManagePage>MyPage>Content Page, above and below my static blocks respectively.

Then I pasted on the Variant Page the tracking script to the CMS section> Content Page below my static blocks.

That seems to be working, but hopefully someone will post a solution to make this work via the CMS section>ManagePage>MyPage>Page View Optimization as its supposed to. Or point out a better solution.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community