Magento Forum

Multiple Store Setup Advice

sashdew

Total Posts:  3

Hello,

I want to setup Multiple Store in Magneto. Kindly advice me which will be best practice to manage it.

Scenario 1 - Multiple Store in 1 Domain. I have a premium theme to handle it. It will help in SEO & Marketing, unsure about product management & SSL issues.
Scenario 2- Multiple Store in Multiple Domains. Later linking just like www.soup.com (Googles) with 1 Payment Checkout. It will increase headache of multiple log-ins. I have unlimited Magneto Hosting, so that’s not an issue.

I am looking for simplicity, any damm can create complication, but hard to create simple.

Look forward to hear,

Thanks
Sash

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

WEBPAL

Total Posts:  18
Arad

If you use one domain only it will be simpler but it depend on your requirements.
If you want to run different shops option two is better and if you want to create let\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\’s say a wholesale shop next to the retail one.

You have to ask your self do I need:

www.mysite.com
www.mysite2.com

or

www.mysite.com
www.mysite.com/wholesale
wholesale.mysite.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

sashdew

Total Posts:  3

Hello,

After pondering all prospective, I move ahead with multi-channel, multi-store single domain with unlimited magneto hosting. Just took reference from www.soap.com & www.telegraph.co.uk

It will ease inventory management, striking globally, reduce cost of sale and letting me focus on marketing plans.

I do need a team, primarily a sound web-designer for synchronizing some aspects. Kindly refer someone with such work histories. 

Thanks
Sash

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community