Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Price Comparison system? 

TheBlogHouse

Total Posts:  3

Hi all

I am a web developer that has created a price comparison plugin for WordPress based sites and wondering if there is a market for similar in the Magento World?

There are two different extensions I am considering creating:

1. Allow price comparisons of a Magento store owner\\\’s products against other stores via some form of online / widget type thing so customer\\\’s can be confident they are getting the best price.

2. Allow site owner\\\’s (affiliate marketers) to create a store that contains ONLY products that are available at multiple merchants and instead of add to cart buttons these would simply deeplink to third party web sites where if a customer bought an item you would get commission. Magento would simply be functioning as a price comparison store with no actual products being sold but all the useful Magento features would be available to customise these \\\’virtual\\\’ products available elsewhere.

I can give some further examples etc on this thread if people are interested but I am just testing the water a little first.

Thanks

Andy

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mpovervliet

Total Posts:  1

Jep. I’m interested!!!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

cleverzoeger