Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Upgrade results in 500 error, permission chg won’t fix

gizmodesign

Total Posts:  11

Hi,
I upgraded from 1.5.1 to 1.7 and encountered a Varien error. I fixed this by removing the htaccess but now the homepage is working and admin and any links off of the homepage are not. I’ve run magento cleaner and tried every set of permissions changes I could find in different forums, and the problem is still there. Thoughts? Here’s the site.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kalenjordan

Total Posts:  218
Pasadena, CA

Hey @gizmodesign, ya deleting your .htaccess is going to basically break all your URLs, because it’s necessary to do URL redirecting.  That’s why

https://www.morrisandsons.com/traveldiary/

for example is returning a 404, because that directory doesn’t actually exist, it relies on .htaccess to get routed properly.  Maybe you can put the .htaccess back in and paste the Varien error that you get, so we can possibly get to the root cause of it.

Sorry to see this is hitting your live site, that sucks…

Magento Community
Magento Community

gizmodesign

Ok, so replaced my htaccess and it’s back to being 500 internal server error. :(

I removed htaccess because other forum replies said it fixed it - which it did, to an extent. And, it also resulted in having the homepage but no links or admin, which apparently is another common problem that usually is fixed with permissions, but not in this case.

This was the error:

[25-Oct-2012 21:25:20] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method Varien_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql::isTableExists() in /home/morrisan/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Resource.php on line 77

Magento Community
Magento Community

kalenjordan

Pasadena, CA

I see makes sense.  Feel free to flip it back if you’d like to at least have your home page back, at least now we know what that Varien error was.  I’ll take a peek as to what that might be.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kalenjordan

Pasadena, CA

What’s your full 1.7 version number?  I’m checking 1.7.0.0 here - and

Varien_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql

definitely has an

isTableExists()
method defined.  Maybe your
Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Resource
file has been modified?  Check to see what you have in there at line 77

Magento Community
Magento Community

gizmodesign

Wow, odd. I did as this post suggested and removed a couple lines from my htaccess and it appears that everything is back?

I hope this is the case! Regardless, thank you so much for your fast response!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community