Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

tenfoot.co ??? 

jamestkirk75

Total Posts:  13

Hi All,

Just received a direct email from http://www.tenfoot.co and made me wonder if this is a legitimate system or attempt to hack my website, as apparently the offered extension is for free and claims that will do some good for my biz in about 5 minutes.

However, what makes me concern is the generic look and feel of their website and lack of the contact information and scarcity of the reviews and supporting information about the extension they offer. Any feedback?

Here is the email I received:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I just visited **************.com and I think it is awesome.

If you’ve checked your analytics lately, then you probably know that an increasing number of customers are browsing your store through tablet devices, like iPads.

These customers expect to get an amazing shopping experience, just as if they were using a mobile app.

Tablet-adapted websites enjoy the highest conversion rates – significantly more than desktops and triple the conversion on smartphones.

TenFoot creates a tablet-adapted version of your store (integrated with your existing platform), in less than 5 minutes, for free.

I invite you to visit TenFoot, sign up for free and make your store even more awesome.

Sincerely,

Ori Schnitzer
Co-founder & CEO
Email: ori@tenfoot.co
Phone: +1.415.857.1120
http://www.tenfoot.co

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

elspood
Magento Team

Total Posts:  22
Magento

jamestkirk75 - 24 October 2012 10:14 AM

Just received a direct email from http://www.tenfoot.co and made me wonder if this is a legitimate system or attempt to hack my website, as apparently the offered extension is for free and claims that will do some good for my biz in about 5 minutes.

However, what makes me concern is the generic look and feel of their website and lack of the contact information and scarcity of the reviews and supporting information about the extension they offer. Any feedback?

jamestkirk75, you are right to be suspicious of this direct mail campaign. While many great Magento partners offer extensions to merchants directly via their web sites, Magento cannot reliably review partners or extensions that are not also offered via the Connect Marketplace. As such, any extension you download directly from a 3rd-party web site would be ‘use at your own risk’, especially if that extension is not also offered via Magento Connect.

Magento Community
Magento Community

orischnitzer

Total Posts:  7

Hi jamestkirk75,

Tenfoot automatically creates beautiful online stores for post-pc devices.
It can dramatically increase conversion rates on touch devices, and I invite you to give it a try.
We are currently redesigning our website, and this is the reason there is not much information on it yet.
You are more than welcome to contact me directly for more details.

Sincerely,

Ori Schnitzer
Co-founder & CEO
www.tenfoot.co
ori@tenfoot.co
+1 415 857 1120

Magento Community
Magento Community

orischnitzer

Total Posts:  7

Hi,
Our new website is tenfootlabs.com.
We also provide our extension on Magento Connect.

Magento Community
Magento Community

alexwestgarth

Total Posts:  1

NOT HAPPY!!!!! I HAVE CONTACTED TENFOOT 4 TIMES TO GET THIS WHAT I CAN ONLY CALL"SHOCKING, UN USERFRIENDLY, RUBBISH HEAP OF JUNK” FOR SOME REASON THEY FIND IT NECESSARY TO WRITE A JS ENTRY INTO YOUR DATABASE WHICH MIGHT I ADD I HAVE STILL NOT BEEN ABLE TO DELETE NOR HAS MY MOBILE SITE DISPLAYED CORRECTLY SINCE INSTALLING THIS!!!!

ALL I WANT IS THE EXTENSION GONE AND I GET NO REPLY FROM TENFOOT NOR ANY SUCCESS WHEN SPENDING 14HRS LOOKING!!!!!!

REMOVE THIS EXTENSION MAGENTO AS IT DOESNT MAKE YOU MONEY IT LOSES MONEY FOR YOU BY NOT DISPLAYING CORRECTLY AND THEN BEING STUCK ON IT ON MOBILE DEVICES!

TENFOOT I WOULD APPRECIATE A RESPONSE TO MY ALARMING EMAIL!!!! AS I SAY I WANT IT GONE.

If anyone knows how to remove this please please can you let me know.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mosses Akizian

Total Posts:  176
Los Angeles, CA

alexwestgarth - 10 June 2013 10:12 PM

NOT HAPPY!!!!! I HAVE CONTACTED TENFOOT 4 TIMES TO GET THIS WHAT I CAN ONLY CALL"SHOCKING, UN USERFRIENDLY, RUBBISH HEAP OF JUNK” FOR SOME REASON THEY FIND IT NECESSARY TO WRITE A JS ENTRY INTO YOUR DATABASE WHICH MIGHT I ADD I HAVE STILL NOT BEEN ABLE TO DELETE NOR HAS MY MOBILE SITE DISPLAYED CORRECTLY SINCE INSTALLING THIS!!!!

ALL I WANT IS THE EXTENSION GONE AND I GET NO REPLY FROM TENFOOT NOR ANY SUCCESS WHEN SPENDING 14HRS LOOKING!!!!!!

REMOVE THIS EXTENSION MAGENTO AS IT DOESNT MAKE YOU MONEY IT LOSES MONEY FOR YOU BY NOT DISPLAYING CORRECTLY AND THEN BEING STUCK ON IT ON MOBILE DEVICES!

TENFOOT I WOULD APPRECIATE A RESPONSE TO MY ALARMING EMAIL!!!! AS I SAY I WANT IT GONE.

If anyone knows how to remove this please please can you let me know.

Hi Alex. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will have our security team investigate. In the meantime, you are welcome to leave a review about their extension in Magento Connect.

Magento Community
Magento Community

zayiana

Total Posts:  6

Is there anu other development about this extension? I installed it before checking more information and couldn’t see any change on my magento, not even in configuration settings. Now I’m afraid I’ll have to delete that installation to get rid of this. It would be nice that this was a real tool. Any news form Magento security team? Or just words on the wind?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community