Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 6 of 6
Troubleshooting and bug reports

Olof

Total Posts:  152

Guys this is installed and appears to be working however according to the the Chrome Javascript dev console each page is downloading 636Kb of scripts? Can that be right?

http://www.onesecurity.co.uk/manufacturer/phoenix-audio

Thank in advance!

Rich

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

FOOMAN
Guru

Total Posts:  669
Auckland, New Zealand

Hi Olof,

the standard Magento theme is already a big download at around 300KB uncompressed. Your site seems to add another javascript library (jquery) and few other scripts - lightbox, coda slider. This could very well result in 600Kb uncompressed which I am guessing is what the console displays. Have a look at your site with Firefox with the firebug and yslow extensions installed. It can give you a breakdown of the components and details weather it is compressed or not.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Olof

Total Posts:  152

Hi FOOMAN, many thanks for taking a look.

Ill take a look at cutting jquery and coda slider out…

Kind regards

Rich

Magento Community
Magento Community

mirvine

Total Posts:  10

I have installed this extension and see to have it working with my store. The odd thing is that the main site will not load any css and i get the magento 404 error. When i go to my admin (Which i have placed in a different directory) or my other site (differnt domain, same core, all are symlinked (ln -s))

When i check the source. it seems to not find it. when i go on the other site, it loads perfect. any help?

Magento Community
Magento Community

FOOMAN
Guru

Total Posts:  669
Auckland, New Zealand

I’d suggest going through the troubleshooting guide to see where it breaks. By the sounds of it it might be a problem with your htaccess set up.

good luck

Magento Community
Magento Community

sonia201087

Total Posts:  4

helo can anyone help me.

my /var/minifycache is not creating any cache file.

please help

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 6 of 6