Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

CHMOD Vs htAcess vs Server

MarcinNET

Total Posts:  1

After installing mageno 1.6 on the HOSTMONSTER.COM , I see that a lot of pages indexed in google is unsecure .

example http://seasonsway.com/magento/skin/install/default/default/ ( no my site but the same problem)

what do I do with it?

change a chmod ?

I greet

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

WebhostUK LTD

Total Posts:  163
UK

Do you have SSL installed on your domain?

Magento Community
Magento Community

elspood
Magento Team

Total Posts:  22
Magento

MarcinNET - 23 October 2012 11:18 AM

After installing mageno 1.6 on the HOSTMONSTER.COM , I see that a lot of pages indexed in google is unsecure .

example http://seasonsway.com/magento/skin/install/default/default/ ( no my site but the same problem)

what do I do with it?

change a chmod ?

I greet

To prevent the kind of indexing you referenced in the seasonsway example, you want to make sure directory indexing is disabled in your Apache config. Unfortunately, you can’t completely hide the files you need to serve to your end users (such as images used in skins). You can use robots.txt to limit Google’s crawling, but this will also give your attackers data about what you’re trying to hide and may negatively impact SEO.

Security is always a tradeoff!

If by “unsecure” you mean “non-SSL”, then as WebhostUK LTD suggests you should make sure your sensitive pages are being served only via SSL.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community