Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Change Invoice Numbers in Back-end? 

tease

Total Posts:  115

Hello everybody,

this may sound like a stupid question, but I can’t figure it out by myself and hope to get some advices here.
I’d like to change the default invoice numbers, because I think it looks ridiculous to have an invoice number like #200000007.

I know that there are some threads about a workaround here, but since I’m not very good in programming I don’t want to mess my whole shop up by fiddling around with something I don’t really know.

When I googled for a solution I kept reading that all the workarounds were necessary for Magento up to Version 1.6. It was claimed that since version 1.6. you can easily change that number in the back-end of the shop.
But unfortunately I couldn’t find any exact description and I just can’t find that option. BTW, my shop is running on 1.7.0.2. so it should be somewhere....

Any ideas where to change that?
Your help would be great!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community