Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Custom Product Layout

bobbyl

Total Posts:  13

Hi,

Was just wondering if anyone could give me advice on changing to a custom product layout. For example, on some of my items… I’d like to have a “was” and “now” price, but not using the words “special price” and instead using “sale price”. I’d also like to create a custom variable called “save” which could possibly calculate the difference in prices to show the saving the customer is making? For other items which have never been on sale, I’d like to have an “after event price” instead of “was” price.

Thanks,

Bobby

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

bobbyl

Total Posts:  13

I’ve got this working on principal but would like to take it a bit further. I’m using:

<class="aep">After Event Price<?php echo $_product->getafter_event_price()?></p>

Ideally, what I want the code to do is probably within the price.phtml folder as opposed to view.phtml, which is where I added this code.

I would prefer to use the special price variable for all my prices. Therefore, I’d like an if statement to basically say if after event price equals yes then change price label to after event price, otherwise have it listed as sale. Looking through the code however is difficult to comprehend, if you have any tips, I’d really appreciate it.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community