Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can i use Magento without merchant gateway/online payments? 

ptomislav

Total Posts:  2

Hi guys, im pretty new to Magento, have been developing sites for a while now, but have worked very very little on Magento.
One of my clients wants an ecomerce site, but for the time being he doesnt want to process payments online.

So i was wondering if i can use Magento for this (having in mind that in the future the site will process payments).
What i would like to do is keep everything the same, but when it comes to the checkout process, i would need just the buyers first and last name, address and city. Once that is completed it will send emails to both the buyer and the admin and then the person selling the products will deliver them to the address that was put earlier.

Can you tell me if that is possible and provide some simple instructions on how to do it?

Thanks,
Tom

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jeremytan

Total Posts:  10

You can choose the payment like for bank transfer or COD without using the payment gateway like paypal.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Pixlhouse

Total Posts:  9

I don’t have any idea about this.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community