Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Show / hide products based on zipcode ranges? 

keijers

Total Posts:  15

I have products that I want to sell in different regions. These regions are based on zipcode ranges.
Is it possible to let the customer fill in their zipcode and that magento shows ONLY the products that belong to that region?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

iKantam_

Total Posts:  89

Possible, but customization required. No out of the box solution available as far as i can say.

Magento Community
Magento Community

keijers

Total Posts:  15

Thank you for your reply. Any suggestion how to customize magento for this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

innoexts

Total Posts:  124

Well, this may be feasible with Multi-Warehouse ( see the \’Single Mode> Assigned Areas\’ configuration).

The \’Assigned Areas\’ option restricts shipping by Country/Region/State/Zip Code/Zip Code Range, whereby the delivery is possible only from the warehouse (shipping origin) which serves the customer’s area.

So, your customer fills in his/her zipcode (otherwise it will be detected automatically) and the system shows ONLY the products that belong to the warehouse (shipping origin) that covers the customer\’s region. Customers\’ regions could be based on zip code range.

If you have one shipping origin, you will need to set up copies of your warehouse. I.e you must create abstract/virtual warehouses with the same settings and assign the warehouses to different states or zipcode ranges.

Actually, Multi-Warehouse is a comercial extension and designed to perfom much more complicated tasks but you can consider it as an option.

If you find it interesting, you can visit our site to find out more about the product and try out the demo:

http://innoexts.com/promotion/multi-warehouse/

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community